Baidyanath Dham Tour Packages
Tour Type : Baba Baidyanath Dham Tour Packages
No. of Pax. : 8 Adults
Arrival & Departure : Deoghar
Duration : 2 N 3 D
Destination : Deoghar
Transport :8 seater Tata winger or similar.
Pick up from Deoghar Airport and Transfer to Hotel. Night stay in hotel.
Morning Darshan and Puja at Baba Baidyanath Temple, Basukinath Dham , Trikuti Hill, Naulakha Temple Tapovan Pahar Satsang Ashram and back to hotel.
After Having breakfast then transfer to Deoghar Airport.
Best Cost : INR 21500
Vehicle Used : Tata winger.
OUR COST INCLUDES:
- Arrival Assistance at Deoghar Airport.
- All Transfers & Sightseeing Mention in itinerary by Tata Winger or similar cab
- One bottle mineral water per person per day basis
- 01 Time E-Rickshaw Ride in Deoghar for Baba Baidyanath Temple Visit ( to & fro )
- Road taxes, Parking Fee, Fuel charges, Interstate Tax,
- Driver Allowance,
- 24 hours mobile contact with tour manager
PACKAGE COST DOESNOT INCLUDES:
- Tip to Hotel person, guide or driver,
- Forest Entry Fee, Forest Guide Fee,
- Airfare / Train Fair, Personal and medical insurance
- Any kind of Meal or drinks (alcoholic, mineral, soft or hard) other than mentioned in the Inclusion,
- Entry tickets to any monuments, guide, Laundry, tips, Massages or any other personal expenses at the hotel.
- Any other personal expenses.
- Extensions of tour programme or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg.Due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamities.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “ Package Cost Includes”.
About Baba Baidyanath Dham Jyotirlinga Temple
It is Lord Shiva or Baidyanath temple in the form of a plain stone structure. It also consists of a 72 feet tall pyramidal tower. On the top you can see three ascending-shaped gold vessels. The Maharaja of Giddhaur had donated it. Also, there is a Punch Sula (five knives in a trident shape) that makes the temple look unique. In the inner top you can find Chandrakanta Mani, an eight-petaled lotus jewel. This temple is also known as Hridya Peeth as the heart of Mata Sati had fallen here. On the occasion of Maha Shivratri, vermilion (Sindur) is donated in this temple as the jyotirlinga (Shiva) and the shaktipeeth (Shakti) are found together.
Deoghar is the main city of the Deoghar District which is located in the Santhal Parganas division of the state of Jharkhand, India.
Raja Shri Basudeb Sudhal Deb was the ruler of this district who belonged to the Ganga Vamsi dynasty and also extended the royal family of the Gajapati emperor of Odisha.
As the name suggests, this place is the main center for Hindu pilgrimage. You can find the famous Baba Baidyanath Dham temple here. It is one of the twelve Shiva Jyotirlingas as well as one of the 51 Shakti Peethas in India. The place is located 150 km from Bhagalpur, the largest city in the region. Earlier Deoghar belonged to Dumka District and is the 5th largest city in Jharkhand.
Why the name Deoghar?
If we talk about the temple, some parts of its construction were done by Puran Mal who is the ancestor of the Maharaja of Giddhour, in 1596.
Deoghar means abode (‘ghar’) of the Gods and Goddesses (‘dev’). Hence, this is why many people call this place various names like “Baidyanath Dham”, “Baba Dham”, and “B. Deoghar”. In Sanskrit, the place is called Haritakivan or Ketakivan. It is believed that the name Deoghar recently originated and came up after the erection of the Baba Baidyanath Dham temple.
Best time to visit Deoghar!!
Those who worship Lord Shiva must visit Deoghar, especially during the month of Shravan i.e. July and August. During this time, Deoghar Yatra takes place in which devotees from different parts of India come with holy water from various areas of the Ganges at Sultanganj, which is almost 108 km from Deoghar. They offer the water to Lord Shiva at Baba Baidyanath Dham temple with a belief that their wishes will get fulfilled. Apart from that, a line of people in saffron-dyed clothes stretches over the full 108 km. It is followed by a Shrawan Mela, the longest Mela in Asia. You can also visit the temple during the winters which is the period between October to March. During that time, the temperature is low and inviting for travellers.
The best option is to look for Deoghar tour packages if you are interested in traveling the whole city. Under these packages, you can find nice hotels to stay at. But before that, find out some major places you can visit in Deoghar.