This is a list of Best Places To Visit In Deoghar. Darshnam Tours offers you online booking of these famous destinations.
- Baidyanath Temple – According to Hindu mythology, Ravana went to Mount Kailash and prayed to Lord Shiva, who gave him a Jyotirlinga to take to his land, with the promise not to place the lingam anywhere else. In case that happened, the lingam would remain fixed on that spot forever. The gods, who were unhappy at the prospect of the divine lingam being established in the enemy kingdom, which would render them powerless against their adversary, worked a trick on Ravana. He mistakenly handed over the lingam to a brahmin, who grounded it at Deoghar. Ravana did his best to uproot it but beyond breaking the tip he was unsuccessful. In deep remorse, he used to come to this place every day and worship the lingam by offering water from the Ganges. Historically the temple is dated to 1596. The temple has almost all god & goddess and the whole temple is built on a single rock. During the month of ‘Sawan,’ people from across the country come to offer ganga jal to the divine Shiva ling.
For centuries, devotees, in the month of Shravan (June-July) undertake a rigorous 100-km pilgrimage on foot from Ajgaibinath (Sultanganj) in Bhagalpur district to offer holy water from the Ganges to the lingam at Deoghar. Be advised that it is very crowded in Deoghar during this period as more than 5 million devotees visit every year. Hence it is not recommended for a casual traveller to visit Deoghar during these months.
- Nandan Pahar – A picnic spot with some basic rides atop a small hill. Vehicles come to the base but one has to walk up.
- Naulakha Mandir – it is a beautiful temple of Radha-Krishna on the outskirts of Deogarh.
- Satsang Ashram – it is a holy place for the followers of Sri Sri Thakur Anukulachandra. It also has a museum and a zoo with a sarva dharma mandir.
- Tapovan – A picnic spot with some caves and lots of monkeys. 8 km from Deoghar, Balanand Brahmachari used to meditate here.
- Balanand Ashram Yogashala, Karnibagh – Yoga Institution.
- Harila Joria – 8 km from Deoghar, famous for Shiva Temple.
- Trikut – 16 km from Deoghar, source of the River Mayurakshi – vehicles come to the base but one has to walk up. Recently a ropeway has been built to ferry people to the top.
- Ramkrishna Mission Vidyapith, Tiwari Chowk (Williams Town).